Job Title: Application Engineer
Job Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Engineering
The Application Engineer will focus on the technical promotion of the products represented by Air Control Products and will strive to have our products as basis of design in construction documents. This position will interface with consulting mechanical engineers, architects, building owners, facility managers, end users and other entities as deemed appropriate to achieve the basis of design. The ability to educate others regarding product characteristics, performance and selection is essential.
• Build relationships with consulting engineers, architects, building owners, facility managers, and end users to achieve basis of design
• Maintain competency throughout all products represented; additional specialization in specific areas or product families is acceptable and encouraged
• Convey knowledge of products to consulting engineers, architects, building owners, facility managers, and end users
in a timely manner with efficiency, correctness, and completeness
• Maintain knowledge of the specifications written by the engineering offices
• Serve as technical resource for both internal and external parties
• Interface with Air Control Products Sales Manager to determine product promotion schedule or engineering office focus
• Coordinate and schedule engineering appointments and training lunches to promote and educate
• Travel with engineers, or others doing business with our company, to manufacturer training schools or seminars as needed
• Schedule appointments with engineering offices when a manufacturer’s representative visits; possibly attend
dinner meetings during manufacturer visits
• Visit construction sites or owner facilities to facilitate solutions with our products or to resolve field challenges
• Attend weekly internal sales meeting and educate internal staff members with product knowledge
• Attend local, monthly ASHRAE Chapter meetings; maintain a presence in the local ASHRAE chapter
• Attend national yearly AHRI Product Convention (ASHRAE Winter Meeting)
• All other duties as assigned.
Competencies or Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years work experience.
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Driven, reliable, self- managed individual with excessive attention to detail.
• Dedication to providing great customer service and customer relationship management.
• Ability to problem solve and adapt to meet the needs of our customers and team
in a timely manner.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to lift up to 20lbs without assistance.
• Must be able to stand and/or sit for several hours at a time.
• Ability to work in hot, cold and/or loud environments effectively.
• Ability to squat, kneel, lift, push, and bend.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Travel is required for this position as needed.
Air Control Products, Inc. culture and values are part of what makes the company successful and a great
place to work. Candidates will be considered in terms of their consistency with culture and values. Air
Control Products, Inc. is a rapidly growing company; flexibility is essential as we grow and develop. The
successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment with many crucial
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All
team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to
time, as needed.