Outside Sales – Columbus
The Outside Sales Representative will possess an in-depth product knowledge base and excel at developing relationships with new and current customers. The successful candidate must be tenacious, possess strong attention to detail, analytical and strategic thinking abilities, ability to multi-task, and superior interpersonal skills. The Outside Sales Representative will prepare accurate estimates, bids, submittals, and process orders for projects by gathering information, analyzing important metrics, and conducting regular risk assessments.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with a variety of personalities and be an excellent communicator. Candidates should also be task and detail orientated with outstanding organizational skills and be able to work under tight time constraints. The successful candidate’s experience and aptitude will determine the timeline of account responsibility.
Reports to: Columbus Branch Manager
• Build and maintain relationships with new and repeat customers.
• Travel within sales territory to meet prospects and customers.
• Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with customers daily.
• Keep accurate records of all customer and prospect accounts.
• Sell the company’s products or services to customers within given sales territory.
• Monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand a customer’s specific needs.
• Collect and prepare different quotes from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
• Analyze company data, monitor budgets and prices using Bluebeam software.
• Prepare cost estimates, bids, submittals, and process orders.
• Research proposals, blueprints, and any related documents to perform take-offs which includes, identifying labor, material, costs, and time requirements.
• Conduct regular risk assessments.
• Work closely with other internal departments for support and to help build the brand.
• Provide detailed reports to management as needed.
• All other duties as assigned.
Competencies or Experience Requirements
• Minimum of 3 years of experience and advanced industry knowledge.
• Strong mechanical understanding and knowledge.
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Driven, reliable, self-managed individual with excessive attention to detail.
• Dedication to providing great customer service and customer relationship management.
• Ability to problem solve and adapt to meet the needs of our customers and team in a timely manner.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to lift up to 20lbs without assistance.
• Must be able to stand and/or sit for several hours at a time.
• Ability to work in hot, cold and/or loud environments effectively.
• Ability to squat, kneel, lift, push and bend.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Travel is required for this position.
Air Control Products, Inc.’s culture and values are part of what makes the company successful and a great place to work. Candidates will be considered in terms of their consistency with culture and values. Air Control Products, Inc. is a rapidly growing company; flexibility is essential as we grow and develop. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment with many crucial deadlines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.