Job Title: Service Technician
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Architectural Sales Manager
Do you enjoy problem solving and assisting customers with equipment concerns or issues? The Service Technician is responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration, and repair of HVAC/Control systems.
You will thrive in this role if…
• You have the technical and mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot, and problem solve client equipment issues.
• You have a “yes” approach to customer service. Exceptional customer service is what separates Air Control Products from our competition. You must provide that high level of service to all existing, future, and past clients.
• You are coachable. We do not expect you to know our product lines from the start. You must however be willing to learn and take critique for the betterment of yourself and the position.
• You hold yourself to high standards. Our team is expected to exhibit the highest level of professionalism and operate with our core values in mind (Care, Respect, Integrity, Perseverance).
• Provide before and after install service for Critical Controls and HVAC product lines.
• Install, rebuild, replace or repair fans, motors, sensors, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets and other equipment as necessary.
• Monitor and program control systems of automated equipment utilizing software to verify the controls are within certain parameters.
Troubleshoot the problem to avoid or minimize interruptions to production should controls exceed or fall below specifications.
• Locate and diagnose maintenance problems on equipment, conduct warranty services and quickly perform emergency repairs on equipment items.
• Remotely access equipment and perform routine maintenance.
• Install and test products and provide customers with instructions on the proper usage of the product.
• Maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials; maintain log of tasks performed and write reports as required.
• Provide start-up and commissioning/balancing support for laboratory airflow control systems and other critical control equipment.
• Understand control sequences and validate that control system sequences match written sequence.
• Follows all safety standards.
• All other duties as assigned.
Competencies or Experience Requirements
• Minimum of 5 years of experience and advanced industry knowledge.
• Strong mechanical and technical understanding and knowledge.
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Driven, reliable, self- managed individual with excessive attention to detail.
• Dedication to providing great customer service and customer relationship management.
• True passion in delivering solutions and solving challenges for clients in a timely manner.
• Ability to lift up to 45lbs without assistance.
• Must be able to stand and/or sit for several hours at a time.
• Ability to work in hot, cold and/or loud environments effectively.
• Ability to squat, kneel, lift, push, balance, and bend.
• Ability to climb a ladder.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Travel is required for this position.
Air Control Products, Inc. culture and values are part of what makes the company successful and a great place to work. Candidates will be considered in terms of their consistency with culture and values. Air Control Products, Inc. is a rapidly growing company; flexibility and reliability is essential as we grow and develop. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment with many crucial deadlines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.