Job Title: Bookkeeper
Job Status: Salary, exempt
Job Shift: M-F, 8am-5pm
Reports to: CFO
The Bookkeeper is responsible for recording and maintaining Air Control Product’s financial transactions, such as collections, expenses, invoices, and payments. The bookkeeper will record financial data into general ledgers, which are used to produce the balance sheet and income statements. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, innovative, and always looking for ways to improve processes and procedures at Air Control Products.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate record of financial transactions.
- Update and maintain the general ledger in a complete and up-to-date manner.
- Reconcile entries into the accounting system.
- Responsible for the recording of debits and credits within the accounting system.
- Maintain the trial balance, by a reconciliation of general ledgers.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of organizing reports, batches, schedules, statements, and relative analysis with all documents.
- Manage and set external vendor credit limits.
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly tax statements ensuring full legal compliance.
- Setup and maintain job information sheets and budgets.
- Manage accounts receivable collections and records payments, including weekly reporting to management on status of all outstanding receivables.
- Assist in cash management and online banking, including bank and credit account reconciliations.
- Assist in general ledger transactions including balance sheet and profit & loss statement accuracy.
- Responsible for monitoring credit reference / customer approvals that need to be added into the system.
- All other duties as assigned.
Competencies or Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to operate a computer and other productive office equipment
- Ability to lift, squat, stand, kneel and bend without assistance
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
No travel expected for this position.
Air Control Product’s culture and values are part of what makes the company successful and a great place to work. ACP is a rapidly growing company where flexibility is essential as we grow and develop. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment with many critical deadlines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.