Job Title: Estimator
Job Status: Exempt
Reports to: Estimating Manager
The successful candidate must possess a strong attention to detail, analytical and strategic thinking abilities, ability to multi-task, and superior interpersonal skills. The Estimator will prepare accurate estimate reports for projects by gathering information, analyzing important metrics, and conducting regular risk assessments.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in mathematics and possess an in-depth product knowledge base. In addition to being an excellent communicator, candidates should also be detail orientated with outstanding organizational skills and able to work under tight time constraints.
- Collect and prepare different quotes from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Analyze company data, monitor budgets and prices using Bluebeam and various vendor software.
- Assist sales staff with reviewing and assessing cost estimates.
- Research proposals, blueprints, and any related documents to perform take-offs which includes, identifying material, costs, and time requirements.
- Run bid lists and request current project deadlines.
- Prepare detailed cost estimate reports.
- Present complex and detailed reports to job captains and management as needed.
- Answer internal phone calls and designate to proper party.
- Provide support to Outside Sales staff as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Competencies or Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Driven, reliable, self- managed individual with excessive attention to detail.
- Dedication to providing great customer service and customer relationship management.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to meet the needs of our customers and team in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for several hours at a time.
- Ability to work in hot, cold and/or loud environments effectively.
- Ability to squat, kneel, lift, push and bend.
Education Requirements Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Travel is required for this position as needed.
Additional Considerations Air Control Products, Inc. culture and values are part of what makes the company successful and a great place to work. Candidates will be considered in terms of their consistency with culture and values. Air Control Products, Inc. is a rapidly growing company; flexibility is essential as we grow and develop. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment with many crucial deadlines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All
team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to
time, as needed.