Greenheck Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS) supply 100% cooled, dehumidified outside air in the summer months, and heated outside air in the winter. These systems may also include a total energy wheel which can offer up to 80% total effectiveness in reducing the heating and cooling capacity requirement of the DOAS unit significantly. Through Greenheck’s online selection tool eCAPS, we make it simple to select the correct DOAS unit based on footprint, weight, electrical needs, and capacity.
Applications where DOAS units are commonly used:
- Multi-dwelling units
- Office space
- Education buildings
- Healthcare facilities
What are the benefits of DOAS units?
- Improved Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Better Ventilation
- Reduction in energy use
- Higher humidity control
- Decoupling ventilation from air heating/cooling provides added energy savings.
Greenheck Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems Models
Pre-engineered rooftop ventilators condition and deliver 100% outside air or mixtures of outdoor air and return air to a building. The RV/RVE is ideal for 100% outdoor air, variable air volume, and single zone applications.
- 800 to 18000 cfm
- Up to 3 in. wg (ESP)
- 5 to 70 tons cooling capacity
- 100 to 1,200 mbh heating capacity
- Cooling options: packaged direct expansion, chilled water, air-source heat pump, and split direction expansion with or without remote condenser on select models
- Heating options: indirect gas, electric, and hot water
The RV/RVE offers several value-added features. These include a microprocessor and direct drive plenum fan(s) with variable frequency drives (VFDs).
- Energy recovery wheel for superior energy savings (RVE)
- Inverter compressor for increased part-load efficiency
- Web user interface with microprocessor controls
- Modulating hot gas reheat
- High turndown furnace up to 16:1 (patent pending)
- Recirculation damper
- Low sound condenser fans on select models
- Electronically commutated motor or VFD on the lead condenser fan
The ERCH combines the benefits of the total energy wheel with supplemental cooling and/or heating, resulting in a unit specifically designed to condition 100% outdoor air to desired supply conditions. The ERCH offers a wide variety of configurable options from intake and discharge orientations to factory tested and proven control sequences.
- 1,000 – 10,000 cfm
- Up to 1.75 in. wg
- Cooling options: packaged direct expansion, split direct expansion, chilled water, water-source heat pump, or evaporative cooling
- Heating options: indirect gas, electric, hot water, or water-source heat pump
The ERT provides the benefits of a total energy wheel and cooling coil with a wrap-around heat pipe and/or heating. The ERT is designed to be the most efficient unit got conditioning humid outdoor air to near room conditions.
- 2,000 – 10,000 cfm
- Up to 1.75 in. wg
- Cooling options: split direct expansion or chilled water
- Heating options: electric or hot water